Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brown County

For BC's birthday weekend we surprised him with a trip down to Brown County! We stayed at the park in a little, I mean one room with a tiny bathroom little, cabin. We got settled in on Friday evening and had some dessert at the lodge, after putting Declan down we sat outside on our porch and enjoyed some quiet time.

Declan woke up quite early (5:30 am) on Saturday and was not about to go back to sleep, so after a walk with dad we headed into Nashville for some breakfast. We ate at the cozy Hob Nob restaurant and walked around town for awhile. BC and I bought some new shirts and Declan got a new beanie:) We even stopped at the old Log Jail!

We headed back to the park to do some bike riding. Our plan was to ride the mile or so down to where the trails start...Declan's bike seat is on the back of my bike and I should preface this with two things: 1. I'm not a great bike rider and 2. I like to ride on flat, not big hilly roads. That being said, Dec and I made it about half way when we had to switch! Good thing BC is such a pro at bike riding because there is no way I would have made it on those trails with Dec! We stopped for a some snacks before heading back to the cabin.

Declan took a great 2 hour nap and BC and I sat outside, had some beer and threw a ball around (I found this ball outside the lodge and I was so excited to give it to Declan, well it rolled in this little hole under cabin, but I saved it!). BC also threw sticks at a tree before we took a nap ourselves! The Abe Martin Lodge has a big indoor swim park that we went to after his nap. Declan did great in the water and BC and I even went down the big slide:)

Saturday night we went back into Nashville for dinner and live music at Muddy Boots Cafe. That's when the rain started! But after making it back to the cabin and putting Dec to bed, we braved the rain for beer and wine on the porch! Declan slept in until 6:30 on Sunday morning and since the rain left the ground to wet for us to ride the trails again, we packed things up and headed home. On the way out of the park we stopped at the North Lookout for some beautiful views. It was a great weekend and a wonderful place to visit:)

No comments: