Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Declan's First Day!

Today was Declan's first day of Mom's Day Out (which we call school, it's just easier and he is learning there too)! We were the first one's there, which gave me a chance to get some pictures:) He was so excited to go (as you can see) and was such a big guy walking into school. We hung up his back pack and found his name tag on the door! He had an apple for each of his teachers, Miss Patty and Miss Chrissy. The only tears today were from me (in the parking lot where no one could see me). He's school lasts from 9am to 2:30 pm, so needless to say I was super excited to pick him up. I was the first one there and was able to sneak a little peek into his classroom...he was standing up singing songs! It was such an awesome thing to watch:) And the smile on his face when they opened the doors and he saw was something I'll never forget! I'm sure I missed him more than he missed me, but I'm so happy he had a great first day. Miss Patty and Miss Chrissy had wonderful things to say about him. He was one of three kids that didn't nap, we didn't think he would, but he was the leader when it came time to pick up and put away! He's such the responsible organizer:) His first drawing is now up on our fridge...don't think I'll take it down until he's in high school! Oh, and he had 2 bowls of ice cream when we got home! We're so proud of our boo for having such an awesome first day of school!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

How cute! He looks like such a big boy now!

smith said...

Oh my goodness he going to preschool I can't believe that!