Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2 years + 9 months

I can't believe in three short months we'll be celebrating boo's third birthday!  Time to start planning!  This year will be a bit different since he'll be sharing the birthday party with his little brother, but being the big brother means that he gets to pick out the cake this year:)  My guess is he'll want cupcakes again and that is fine by me.  As fun as this all sounds I'm not sure I'm really ready for him to be 3, good thing I have a few months to prepare.  Declan has been doing an awesome job going #2 in the potty, haven't changed a dirty diaper in so long.  The big guy undies will be making their debut soon:)  He loves school and I think he'll be a bit sad when summer break comes.  He's been singing a lot lately and lots of different songs too.  Currently we've been hearing Old McDonald, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Mary Had a Little Lamb and Monkey's Jumping on the Bed.  He loves his tool box and "fixes" everything he can, he knows all the names of the tools too.  We've been reading a Santa book at night for quite some time now, it's actually the songs Up on the Housetop and Jolly Old St. Nicholas, so he sings those too!  We can't wait for the weather to get warm and stay warm so we can be outside.  He loved the park last year, but I think he'll enjoy it even more this year.  Declan is a bottomless pit these days, after eating 2 waffles for breakfast he tells me he's still hungry!  And it doesn't stop...even after a turkey sandwich, cheese and hard boiled egg he wants more!  I think he could eat a quart of strawberries a day if we let him.  At least he's a healthy eater, he even tried zucchini the other night!  He's also started to fall asleep in his bed by himself and sleeps through the night almost every night- thank you buddy!  Now if we could just get him to share and be a bit nicer to his little brother (I know, it will take awhile, but it would be nice if it didn't)!  Here he is enjoying one of his favorite things...a soft pretzel from the pretzel shop!  We love you boo!

No comments: