Wednesday, January 4, 2012

a visit from la

For those of you that don't know, before I was a mom (and a blogger), I was a teacher.  My first 3 years of teaching were at an incredible little school, St. Mark, in Venice, CA.  I have never been part of such an amazing community of teachers, students and parents.  Truly a wonderful place to work and call home.  I can tell you one (or more) special thing about each student I had and even ones that weren't in my class, they are all so dear to me.  My first class are now 8th graders at St. Mark and will graduate this spring and be on their way to high school...sniffle, sniffle.  I keep in contact with so many of them and their parents, who really took me in as more than just their kids teacher.  Well, on New Year's Day I had a very special visit from one of my former students, Maddie, her little brother, Gus, and her mum, Emilie who were in Carmel visiting their aunt and cousins!  Declan and Conall had so much fun showing Maddie and Gus their rooms and all of their toys:)  No doubt these two amazing kids come from two loving parents, they really are wonderful.  Maddie is now a 7th grader and Gus is in 4th grade.  It was so lovely to visit and catch up with them.  And the treats Maddie brought us were gone by the next morning!