Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first Mother's Day

So today was my first official Mother's Day (last year only half counts since I was still preggers) and it was fabulous! It started off with a wonderful mass, followed by a great nap from Declan while Dad cooked me breakfast. We then changed into old clothes that could get messy (BC wouldn't tell me why) and then it was off to my surprise afternoon! We drove up to Broadripple where we went to Kiln Creations to paint some pottery (BC always plans awesome things)! We picked out a cookie jar (I think this was a ploy for me to bake more cookies) and got to work. We painted Dec's hands to put on the lid and he really wasn't too sure about it! He stuck his fingers in mouth right afterwards...mmm, paint:) Don't worry it was non-toxic!

He even helped paint the rest of the cookie jar!

Here's the finished project! We can pick it up next weekend and I can't wait to see how it turns out:)

After we cleaned up I was off to get a pedicure! I love pedicures and have not had a good one for a very long time, so this was an awesome surprise! Dad and Dec walked around the canals while I relaxed in the massaging chair. Thank you to BC and Declan for such an amazing first Mother's Day. I love being a mom everyday, today was just a bonus!! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Aunt Tam said...

You are very lucky - you have a wonderful husband and son. Wait until your son is taller than you and you have to look up to him! Glad you had a great Mother's Day. I miss you...