Sunday, June 20, 2010

Conall David O'Rourke

Boo 2 is here! Conall arrived Thursday, June 17 at 8:55 am, weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches. I was going to put up a post about our 37+ week appointment, but he beat me to it! After Declan's doctor appointment we went to ours where Dr. Adams did a light check (she didn't want to start anything) and I was just over 5cm. She told me to stay close to home and call if I felt any contractions. So after lunch, Declan and I went to the pool! During dinner that night I felt a few light contractions, but went about our normal night giving Dec a bath, putting him to bed and then BC and watched some tv. Around 10 pm I started feeling them again, but they were about 20 minutes apart so I didn't think to much of them. After going to bed, they picked up and were 10 minutes apart, so after getting up and calling our doctor we were on our way to the hospital! As we were driving BC noticed it was past midnight, so we were safe from having Boo 2 on Dec's birthday:) After getting checked in I got the epidural around 4 am and they started Pitocin around 6 am. Dr. Adams arrived around 8 am and said it wouldn't be too much longer...after 1 set of practice pushes (2 1/2 pushes) and 1 real set (4 pushes) Conall David O'Rourke came screaming into the world! I think we were both surprised that he was a he, but couldn't be happier or more blessed to have 2 healthy boys! We think he looks Declan did, but with a smaller, slimmer face:) We came home Saturday morning and had a pretty good first night...I forgot how hard it is to change little diapers in the middle of the night! This is BC's second Father's Day, but his first with his 2 boys! I will post many more pictures soon!

3 comments:

Andrea Schultz said...

AWE!! Happy Happy thoughts your way and congratulations!!! How wonderful!!!

Hochgrabers said...

CONGRATS!! What a wonderful story to tell your boys later on. Good luck and happy to hear everything went so smooth.

Brad said...

Awesome! Congratulations to you guys! Two boys are a ton of fun!