Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holy Poop

Oh my goodness what a couple of poopy days I've had!  Or should I say Declan and Conall have had:)  We've been working with Declan on going poopy in the potty and it's going really well, mostly because he knows he gets white chocolate chips if he goes!  So the other day he said he had to go and we rushed into the bathroom and the got the potty seat all ready, sat him down and he told me to go away (the boy needs his privacy) and after I heard "I did it!" I came in to help him off and get him cleaned up, but after I lifted him off he took off running out of the bathroom and when I went to get him he had crawled up on the couch and by accident used one of our pillows as toilet paper!  Ahh!  That pillow went in the trash. 
This morning as I was holding Conall he pooped, which he's been doing a lot of these days with his teeth coming in, no big deal I thought as we headed to his room to change him.  As I unzipped his sleep sack I felt something warm, but not on his back where the poop normally makes it way out, but on his leg.  I looked to find his whole leg covered in poop!  As I stripped him down for a bath, it was that bad that he needed a bath at 7:45 am, I realized that his diaper hadn't caught any of the poop.  Seems as though when I changed him at 2 am I didn't get both chubby cheeks covered with his diaper and when he pooped it came out the side that was exposed...isn't that nice?  Ahh!  His jammies and onesie went in the trash. 

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Um, yeah...that story is hilarious. I am sure you didn't think it was hilarious at the time, but it sure does make for a good blog post!

Anonymous said...

AHHH! Pooping children! Haha! Hope you have a GREAT New Year!

smith said...

AHHHHH! OMG! but that is what you get whne your a mommy!
Happy New Year!